Who we are
At Appeagle, we are building software to help sellers realize greater profits with tools that deliver a competitive edge. We’re a team of problem solvers and overachievers who seek out others who are also passionate and relentless at their respective crafts. We’re growing rapidly and focused on creating a tight-knit group of people that enjoy each other’s company. We work hard not because we’re told to, but because we genuinely love what we do.
Who we're looking for
We are looking for a talented Software Engineer to join our growing team. You will be part of an agile team, working in quick iterations and contributing to our rapidly growing and robust systems using the latest .NET technologies. You will need to be strong in multi-threading, the TPL Library, distributed computing, understand scaling issues and how to solve them, as well as be able to work well in an agile team environment. Great teamwork and communication skills are a must.
If you’d like to work in a supportive environment, are interested in building something challenging and having fun while doing it, we’d love to hear from you.
What you'll do
- Write and Design code that is testable, easy to read and easy to maintain
- Exhibit strong initiative and accountability on all projects
- Work with a multifaceted and talented team to help innovate and define our marketplace
- Ensure our coding standards, application architecture, and software engineering processes are useful and effective
- Brainstorm and prototype new features and solutions
What you'll bring
- Proficiency in writing object oriented and easily maintainable code in C#, SQL Server and writing unit tests in NUnit
- Experience adhering to software engineering best practices for the full development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control, continuous integration, build processes, and testing
- Knowledge of test-driven development (TDD) and the various testing methodologies that encompass software engineering
- A solid foundation in computer science, with competencies in object oriented design, database schemas, application architecture, and software design practices
What you'll get
- 401k plan with company match
- Weekly catered lunch and Friday happy hours
- Half-day Friday’s - year round!
- Fully stocked kitchen with great coffee and snacks
- Flexible vacation policy and paid holidays
- Paid parental/family leave
- Health, vision and dental coverage
- Commuter benefits
- Fitness reimbursements
- Company sponsored events
Our headquarters are located on the beautiful Jersey City waterfront, just steps away from lower Manhattan.