Director of Engineering (SaaS)
At Appeagle, we are building software to help online sellers make smart, informed decisions through actionable data and insights. We believe wholeheartedly in a work-life balance and providing the culture needed to nurture creative minds. We work hard and care about our most important asset - our people.
We are looking for a Director of Engineering to join our team and help grow and lead our Engineering Department. You'll be responsible for managing the technical development process, and driving our technical infrastructure forward. You will play a key role in mentoring and inspiring the team to improve their skills, to build impactful technology, and to work effectively together. You will be tasked with looking at problems in new ways and guiding your team to build simple solutions to complex problems.
As a Director, you'll sit on the leadership team, communicating the priorities of the engineering team, defining goals, and ensuring alignment. If you’d like to work in a supportive environment, are interested in building something challenging and having fun while doing it, we’d love to hear from you.
- Lead and develop a talented team of Engineers, Designers and Data Scientists
- Recruit Managers and Software Engineers to expand the Engineering team
- Build a culture of trust, transparency, collaboration, hard work, and fun
- Develop and enforce engineering procedures, policies, and tools to enable a rapid pace of development and drive accountability
- Promote healthy debates around new tools and processes and champion changes that have positive impact
- Define and own the short and long-term strategy for Engineering at Appeagle
- 8+ years experience leading Engineering teams with 10+ engineers
- You have a track record of successful product delivery in a startup or agile technology company
- Incredible leadership ability demonstrated through previous experience developing, recruiting, and mentoring a top-notch engineering team
- In-depth knowledge of software development methodologies, tools and techniques
- You are well-versed in data-driven and data-informed product development
- Communication skills that engage people, and get your ideas across quickly and efficiently
- Ability to lead discussions around technical architectures and the trade-offs of various technologies
- Remove barriers and coordinate across different teams and functions
- Enjoy working with a very tight knit team
- Have a humble and selfless attitude (no ego)
- 401k plan with company match
- Weekly catered lunch and Friday happy hours
- Half-day Friday’s - year round!
- Fully stocked kitchen with great coffee and snacks
- Flexible vacation policy and paid holidays
- Paid parental/family leave
- Health, vision and dental coverage
- Commuter benefits
- Fitness reimbursements
- Company sponsored events
Our newly built office is located on the Jersey City waterfront, just a 4-minute train ride from lower Manhattan.