At Appeagle, we are building software to help online sellers make smart, informed decisions through actionable data and insights. We believe wholeheartedly in a work-life balance and providing the culture needed to nurture creative minds. We work hard and care about our most important asset - our people.
We are looking for an engineer who is excited to build big data platforms for processing large data sets, design data warehousing and collect and load data from many sources. You will be able to amplify our product’s intelligence and advance customer performance metrics, all while working with the latest, leading-edge cloud-based technologies.
If you are both a team player and independently resourceful, you will have the opportunity to lead us into the next generation of data-driven software. You have exceptional attention to detail, have an inquisitive approach to problem-solving, and are able to maintain focus on the larger picture. As a member of the Analytics team, you will focus on the mission-critical use of data in the support of Appeagle’s business and partners.
- Coordinate adding new data sources
- Design storage schemes in various AWS technologies
- Support analysis initiatives by configuring AWS EMR clusters, Data Pipeline, Spark and other big data systems
- Monitor and troubleshoot data flows, ETL/ELT’s, and maintenance processes
- Guarantee integrity of data in big data systems
- MapReduce and Hadoop experience (HDFS)
- Experience with data warehousing (OLAP)
- Extract Transform and Load (ETL) development and maintenance experience
- Experience with data modeling
- Understand business requirements and translate into technical specifications
- Clearly communicate analysis results and recommendations
- Collaborate and take ownership of work
- At least 3 years relevant business intelligence/data warehouse experience
- Experience with Amazon AWS data tools like EMR and Data pipeline
- Experience with Spark, Hive, Pig or other MapReduce languages
- Experience with Linux/UNIX, Python, Perl or Ruby
- Experience with machine learning or statistical analysis
- Experience with database/SQL performance tuning
- 401k plan with company match
- Weekly catered lunch and Friday happy hours
- Half-day Friday’s - year round!
- Fully stocked kitchen with great coffee and snacks
- Flexible vacation policy and paid holidays
- Paid parental/family leave
- Health, vision and dental coverage
- Commuter benefits
- Fitness reimbursements
- Company sponsored events
Our newly built office is located on the Jersey City waterfront, just a 4-minute train ride from lower Manhattan.